Thursday, January 21, 2010

Found: item 1 Hottie MARLON BRANDO


I have discovered a true hottie of a bygone era. Ok, well not discovered, but I didn't really know of him myself. Everyone has heard of Marlon Brando. But do we realize how totally gorgeous he really was? (in his pre-TANGO days) To be completely honest I have yet to view A Streetcar Named Desire. Not from a lack of interest, but a lack of time. There are frankly too many movies that I need to see. But it's on my list.


But the point is, that Marlon Brando is smouldering! (scratch that... "was smouldering") The movie Ultimo tango a parigi was a risky choice, becoming one of the most controversial movies in film history. But Brando's performance is not lacking... his looks however are... enough said.

When it comes to acting, no matter what anyone says, it is NOT all about looks. There are plenty of famously brilliant actors who do not have the typical "movie star" faces.


Back to the subject of Brando, I think he was often miscast. But I have an inkling (although never having seen the Godfather *i know sad*) that he was an amazing mafia Vito Corleone. And Guys and Dolls is another on my list! Musical! Must see how Marlon handles that. I feel like I'm entering the 50's a little too late. Time to play catch up! I was definitely born in the wrong time! Anyway, updates on my Brandothon later!

No comments:

Post a Comment